represents guidelines for the acceptable use of Access Solutions Information
Services, The Internet Connection, for data communications. (Access Solutions
Information Services will be known as ASIS throughout the remainder of this
document). It is intended to be applicable only to the use of the ASIS network.
In such instances where data communications leave ASIS and are carried by
other networks or the Internet, ASIS subscribers and connecting networks are
advised that the acceptable use policies of other networks are applicable,
and must be respected. ASIS informs its subscribers of its own policies, and
expects its connecting networks to do the same.
the right to amend these guidelines at any time. Current guidelines will be
available in print upon request at the ASIS Service Center at 445 C Conger
St., Garberville, CA and available for review on the ASIS web site, http://www.asis.com/asis/aup.html.
It is our customers’ responsibility to stay informed as to the content of
our acceptable use policy and abide by that content.
the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. If violations of our acceptable
use policy become apparent, ASIS reserves the right to close the offender’s
account without notice and reinstate service purely at the discretion of ASIS.
Usage of ASIS
services constitutes an agreement to abide by these guidelines.
- consists of being physically present at your terminal.
· Unmetered access - we define unmetered access as the ability to log-on
to ASIS anytime without hourly fees for any use, which is consistent with
this policy. ASIS will reserve the right to timeout a customer’s connection
after 10 minutes of inactivity. If you are disconnected because of a timeout,
simply log-on again. As a subscriber, you understand that the unmetered access
account is not intended to be a dedicated line, but means that you may be
connected for as long as you are actually using your computer. If you need
a 24-hour dedicated line, see us about establishing this type of account.
Dedicated modems or unmonitored modems connected on a 24-hour basis are not
allowed and may result in suspension of your account.
· Subscriber - as a subscriber, you are licensed to a single account
for one connection at any given time, unless you subscribe to a multi-link
account. Simultaneous logins are not allowed, and may result in suspension
of your account.
a subscriber of ASIS, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age (or
have permission from a parent or guardian to use this service) and will abide
by the policies of ASIS.
· To respect the privacy of the subscribers of ASIS and all networks
accessible via ASIS.
· To respect the legal protection provided by copyright, license, and
other applicable legal devices to program communications and data.
· To respect the integrity of computing systems and to not use ASIS
to compromise them.
· To respect common usage of Usenet and e-mail services.
for private, personal or business communications.
· Usage for public communications as suggested by the charters of Usenet
newsgroups, and the well-known guidelines.
· Usage for research or educational purposes.
· Usage for data communications in accordance with applicable laws.
is not acceptable to use ASIS for illegal purposes.
· It is not acceptable to use ASIS to transmit threatening or harassing
· It is not acceptable to use ASIS to interfere with or disrupt network
users, and services or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited
to, distribution of unsolicited advertisement, inappropriate filing of Usenet
articles, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machines
accessible via ASIS connection.
· It is not acceptable to use ASIS for the purposes of transmitting
“Spam”, “Chain Letters”, “broadcasting” messages to mailing lists or non-consenting
individuals, nor any other type of use which will result in congestion of
the Internet or ASIS, or which would significantly interfere with the connectivity
· You may not share your dialup account except with members of your
immediate household or with business/office personnel. We do not allow simultaneous
· Public access to individual dialup accounts is prohibited accept
by special arrangement.
· You may not use your home directory to host other people’s pages.
· It is not acceptable to use ASIS for any malicious purpose.
·ASIS provides the use of its
and services for the exclusive use of its subscribing customers. ASIS
prohibits the use of its equipment and services by anyone other than its
subscribing customers for any purpose unless specifically authorized by ASIS
in writing . ASIS specifically prohibits the use of its equipment and
services, including but not limited to mail servers, for delivery,
transmission, or re-transmission of unsolicited commercial emails (UCE) or
unsolicited bulk emails (UBE). Any actual or attempted unauthorized use of
ASIS's equipment or services will be prosecuted under California Business
and Professional Code Section 17538.45.
· ASIS may provide certain end-user software and other material such
as printed matter to facilitate your use of ASIS. Such software and material
is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, including the implied warranties
of fitness for a particular purpose. ASIS did not create said software and
shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of use, interruption of
business or for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of
any kind whether under this agreement or otherwise, even if ASIS has been
advised of the possibility of such damages. In addition, some software maybe
“shareware” and may require a fee to be paid to the author if you should use
the software beyond the time period specified in the respective documentation.
· Without prejudice to the foregoing, ASIS considers that serving any
applications that transmit ongoing live video, live audio, or make similar
traffic demands across the network by whatever means, without previous arrangement
will be considered to be making profligate use of the network and as such
are NOT allowed.
· ASIS will not be responsible if data is lost despite our backup procedures.
Because of the nature of computers and data, accidents can happen, and we
suggest that all users maintain duplicate files of any data they have on our
server. User agrees to hold ASIS harmless if data is lost.
- Service is always billed in advance not in arrears.
· There is no prorating of service fees, ASIS bills by anniversary
· Statements are processed and emailed 2 weeks in advance of the anniversary
date. ASIS will honor a 30-day grace period from the time the statements are
sent, After which access may be denied until bill is paid in full.
· Hard copies (printed) statements will be mailed via USPS upon request or when an account is suspended for being past due. Your account will incur a $5.05 fee, charged for the processing of each hard copy statement sent.
· ASIS reserves the right to add a delinquent payment fee for past
due accounts and or send past due accounts to a collection service.
· Billing Disagreement – Any disagreement or dispute concerning a bill
must be made within 30 days of the billing date. Charges disputed after this
period of time will not be considered negotiable.
· ASIS offers a 30-Day, Money-Back Guarantee to all new members. If
you wish to cancel your service within 30 days of purchase, follow the cancellation
policy below and you will receive a full refund of your first month's service
fee. Set-up charges are not refundable. No refunds are issued after the 30
Day Guarantee period. ASIS does not pro-rate monthly service and no pro-rated
refunds are issued for cancellations within the billing cycle. Customers who
cancel a pre-paid account plan (3 months, 6 months, 1 year plans) after the
first 30 days of service will not receive a refund of any unused fees.
· It is the customer’s responsibility to use the correct access number
for their dialing location. ASIS will not be responsible for your phone bill
for any reason.
· Termination of Service – To cancel your account with ASIS, you must
notify us prior to the end of your current billing period to avoid further
charges. Notification will be accepted via email, telephone call, or letter.
An ASIS confirmation of cancellation must be received by you for your request
to be effective. ASIS is not responsible for unconfirmed cancellations and
will not refund charges for unconfirmed cancellations. You will be billed
your monthly service charge if your cancellation is received and entered after
your current billing period ends. Please send your cancellation request to
email@example.com or mail to:
Department c/o ASIS
P.O. Box 776
Garberville, Ca 95542-0776
Be sure you
retrieve any information you want to keep- email, web pages, and files in
your home directory, etc.- and save it separately from your account before
you cancel. Upon cancellation, all user data will be eliminated.
· Returned Check - ASIS will charge $20.00 for any returned check.