Roaming Home |
Service Overview |
Global Access Points |
Cost of Roaming |
Software Download |
Technical Support |
Client Software Download
The roaming client software contains an international phone book with the
global access phone numbers and login information. To get started,
download the software and launch the application by double-clicking the
iPass icon on your desktop. The client dialer allows you to easily
select the country and city you are in, and select the local access
point of your choice to connect to the Internet.
Choose the client software for your operating system:
iPassConnect - For Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
iPassConnect is the next generation dialer designed
specifically for roaming users. iPassConnect simplifies
and enhances the end-user experience with many
iPass Dial Wizard - For Macintosh
The iPass Dial Wizard for Macintosh
does not have an automatic phone book updating feature. If you are a Macintosh user,
please download a new client every month to be sure you have the most
up-to-date phone book.
Mac OS 8.6, 9.0, and 9.1 Download
Unfortunately there is no software available for OS X 10.1.x and no software is planned for release.
Mac OS X 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.2.3 Download Software
Handheld Devices: Windows CE, Palm Pilot and Psion
Before You Roam
There are two important things to do before you travel:
This service is brought to you
- Be sure to test your client software before roaming.
- Follow the instructions in the iPass User Guide for installing
and testing your iPass client.
- Try several local access points to be sure that you are connecting properly. If you have any
difficulty, please follow the instructions in the Troubleshooting Tips for getting support while roaming. It is much easier
to call us for support before you travel!
- Note that if you are not using the iPass MCM, which has an automatically updating
phone book, consult with us to make sure you have the most recent iPass phone book before you travel. You should be sure
your client phone book is updated monthly as numbers frequently change.
- Understand that modems function differently around the world. Many countries have different telecommunications
laws and practices.
- Check with your modem supplier to ensure your modem will be compatible with the phone systems in
the country where you are traveling.
- For comprehensive information about international phone systems, or to purchase
adapters, please see: http://www.teleadapt.com/ipass.
through our partnership with iPass